Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF 6/22/12

Well, good thing this isn't a blog, because my latest experiment to rekindle my writing has flopped, again. Big surprise. I just need to make more time for it and/or decide what it is I want to write here. I spend all day talking to coworkers, clients, bosses, and on my Dad weeks my daughter, and when I'm alone and might have or make time to write, the only things I'm thinking of are venom, bile, and complaints! I've gone back and forth in the past over whether I should put them down here or not, and I'm still not sure it's what I want to do. I'm not saying my life is garbage or anything, I just have issues, LOL.

My life is actually pretty decent, but I do find myself easily irritated. Not necessarily quick to anger, which may have been the case earlier in my adult years, but just very irritable, and when I hold it in it only gets worse. I go to the gym frequently, which helps, and I take meds for my borderline high blood pressure, which I know doesn't hurt. What then, do I see as the purpose of my writing, here or otherwise? I've always thought I'd like to write a book, but if all my writing is in the vein of cathartic (hopefully) ranting, what would a book be about? Who would want to read it?

I do enjoy writing and in teh absence of a therapist, this is where I get out a lot of the darker things bouncing around in my head. If you're reading, thanks, and if you stick around perhaps you'll see different things here besides a grumpy, aging man, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment